Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
We had a recent infestation of fruit flies in the house as of late. Thankfully, there are only a select couple of fruit flies still left in the Odom household. Two weeks ago, however, there were swarms! It started in the pantry. We noticed a few fruit flies in there when we'd go in to get something. Kevin thought maybe it was the potatoes sitting in a basket in the floor. We removed & eventually discarded the potatoes, but the fruit flies just grew in number. Like all things that sneek up on you if you don't attend to them (laundry comes to mind), all of a sudden, we had fruit flies everywhere. At any point and time you could spot half a dozen resting on the faucet, another dozen hanging out on dishes left in the sink. You would run the water and a swarm would be disturbed. One even found its way upstairs in the playroom. Something had to be done.
So, I pull out my trusty laptop and found this helpful information on wikihow.com.
We opted for the soda bottle trap. Of course, I still had to find the source. I roll up my sleeves one evening while Kevin's at school and the girls are already in bed & tackle the pantry. Since that was the first place we noticed them, the source is sure to be there, right? So, an hour or so later after cleaning out, throwing out, and a lot of clorox wipes, I came to the corner in the pantry where they were the thickest...lo and behold there was Mallory's lunch bag. Mind you, it hadn't seen the light of day since the end of school in May. Flies covered the lunch bag and several empty grocery bags lying around it in the floor as well. I didn't even want to know. I carefully picked it up, moved it to the trash and took it outside. The source had been found. Finished cleaning out the pantry, put another home made fruit fly soda bottle trap in there and called it a night. After three soda bottle traps and a couple of days, things were almost back to normal.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, I told Mallory later that I was going to have to get here a new lunch bag because there was something in it that attracted all those flies. She replied with "Oh yeah - there was a lunchable and a banana in there. I forgot." Yep. Since MAY. Yum-o.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Mallory: Mom! There's a spider! There's a spider!
Me: Well, get a shoe & smash it.
Mallory: But we're supposed to love our enemies. (then tries to scoop it up with a piece of paper... bringing it over to me).
Me: Love your enemies doesn't count with spiders. (SMASH).
Lila (helping me in the kitchen): I wish I was a mommy.
Me (feeling all proud): Well, someday you probably will be. Why do you want to be a mommy?
Lila: Because then I won't have to stand on a stool.
Saturday, July 07, 2007
I also just have to share a picture of my freezer with you because I feel so "Betty Crockerish" today... I was quite impressed with myself. Yes - those are 10+ meals in there ready to thaw and go! Check out the "Meals in Minutes" concept on my friend Mary Lou's website!
Monday, July 02, 2007
Yes, with highlights
2. where was your default pic taken?
It's a Diet Dr.Pepper Graphic
3. What's your middle name?
4. Your current relationship status?
5. Honestly, does your crush like you back?
Kevin? Sure. =)
6. What is your current mood?
7. What colour underwear are you wearing?
8.What makes you happy?
Quality time with friends & family, Yummy food, Compliments
9. Are you musically inclined?
10. If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be?
Happenings in my life in the year 2005.
11. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day?
12. Ever had a near death experience?
13. Something you do a lot?
14. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now ?
15. Who did you copy and paste this from?
16. Name someone with the same b-day as you?
Baby Leah =)
17. When was the last time you cried?
During a spat with Kevin a week or so ago.
18. Have you ever sang in front of a large audience?
I've sang in several weddings, but they weren't HUGE crowds.
19. If you could have one super power what would it be?
The ability to make my children mind.
20. What do you notice first off in a guy/girl?
The clean cut look or lack thereof
21. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
22. What's your biggest secret?
Are you kidding me?
23. What's your favorite color?
24. When was the last time you lied?
Not sure. It was probably more of an omission.
25. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows?
Not unless I'm watching with the kids.
26. Do you have braces?
27. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
28. What are you eating or drinking atm?
DDP of course.
29. Do you speak any other language?
I used to be fluent in ASL. Probably not fluent anymore, but know enough to get my point across.
30. What's your favorite smell?