Friday, March 23, 2007

Real Moms

I read this post written by a friend of mine recently and was very touched. While I can only imagine the pain of losing three babies, I do relate somewhat. As many of you know, my third pregnancy started out as twins. I lost on of the twins late in the first trimester. I still vividly remember the things and thoughts that went on the day I found out. And like Jessica, it's not something I think about all the time. But every now and then it just hits me - we could have TWO little Clara's running around right now. It took me a while to deal with the fact that it was okay for me to grieve. I mean, so many women miscarry and don't have the luxury of continuing with the pregnancy and having a perfect little baby at the end of 9 months. But I have realized that one baby does not replace another, and I still did lose a baby. I've had the opportunity lately to make portraits for lots of twins lately in the studio - and even a set of triplets. They always make me think of what could have been. Twins have a special place in my heart, and probably always will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YIKES! Way to go Kevin. I understand the terror. I freaked when Todd let a mouse into the house. We (actually it was my mom) finally caught it in a mouse trap and threw it away.