Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Allergy-Free Chicken Strips

So I didn't take a picture (gasp) because we were running like crazy t0night to make it to the school program, but I made some allergy-free chicken strips tonight that turned out pretty yummy!  Usually if I make something "special" for Clara the other two don't like it, but tonight, I crushed up some Rice Crispies cereal and used it as my coating for the chicken.  They turned out nice and crispy!  Yay!  Here's the recipe:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Pour a couple of cups of Rice Crispies cereal into a plastic storage bag.  Pound with the bottom of a pan/rolling pin/etc. until it's nice and fine.  Dip your chicken tender strips in olive oil, then coat with the rice crisp mixture.  Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.  

That's it!  Simple!  And it actually tasted good.  I love it when my experiments work.  :)

No comments: