Thursday, June 18, 2009

My non-conformist.


Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

I think every parent worries about her children for different reasons. I know that the things I worry about for Mallory and the struggles I foresee her having in the future are not the same as the ones that I worry about for Lila or for Clara. One thing I definitely don't worry about with Lila is her ability to think for herself. She is definitely a non-conformist and for the most part doesn't care at all what you think as long as in her mind, she's happy with her choice. Case-in-point, her wardrobe selection for school yesterday morning. She wanted to wear flip-flops but was concerned that her toes would get too cold. So 5-toed socks were of course, the perfect solution. The hat? Just icing on the cake.

It is our job as parents to help mold this into a good thing. I want Lila to always stand up for what's right, even if no one else is. I want her to stand firm in her faith, even when it's not cool. I believe she has the beginnings for this to be possible. I just pray that I can help develop these qualities in her.

No comments: