Saturday, January 02, 2010

365 Project


Have you heard of the 365 Project? It's been going around the internet for several years, but I decided yesterday that this is my year to complete it. Basically, you take and post a photo daily. To take a photo every day doesn't sound like it would be a big deal for a photographer, and in a way, I'm guessing I do have an advantage over some since my camera is a piece of equipment I pretty much use daily on the job, but I think it's going to be a challenge for me as well. As I stated in my last post, I have gotten out of the habit for taking pictures for ME, for FUN. Don't get me wrong, I do have fun doing what I do, but it is different. At first, I even thought I might say that it will always be a personal picture, and things from the studio wouldn't count, but I think that's unrealistic, because the studio is such a part of who I am, and I do get excited about creating portraits at work. But in general, I am going to try to not rely too heavily on studio work for this project.

That said, the picture I chose for 1-1-10 (yesterday) was taken for clients. One of my favorite things to do at weddings is to "play" with the rings, and I think this shot makes a good "first of the year" picture:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you're playing. I love to see what you are photographing. I will not be playing. I know myself too well to know that I will not keep up with the every day part. But I am going to try and post photos at least once a week.

I'm blogging on blogger again. Stop by.

Louanne said...

I have seen this going around and I want to start a Project 52 and do it once a week. LOL. I just put up a 12 months of Nadia post on our blog and that was hard to pick just 1 photo a month.

But I hope you enjoy it since it is such a common problem for photographers to not take "fun" photos for themselves. PS. We met you at Chris and jen's wedding.