Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 24

I have never been a big fan of sweating. I was never an athlete; I was always at the end of the pack in school running assignments; I was always one of the last to be picked for team sports (and for good reason). However, I am a fan of good food, and when putting the two circumstances together, the outcome is not good. My weight has always been a struggle for me. I've been up and down the scales more times than I can count. The last time I fit into size 10 jeans was 3.5 years ago when I was nursing Clara and being held accountable by my best friend to eat healthily. Now, however, I weight almost as much as I did at the peak of my third pregnancy... NOT GOOD. So, I've decided it's time again for me to focus & use some self-control. During the past year, I have found that I really enjoy walking/low-impact jogging. Who knew? The ipod makes a world of difference! However, as my busy season came & the time change happened... it was dark by the time I was able to go for a walk, and I just didn't feel comfortable with that. So, we recently invested in a treadmill, which eliminates that excuse. I'm hoping that by putting it out there to the world that I'm trying to make good changes, it will help hold me accountable... wish me luck!

No comments: