Monday, April 10, 2006

Laughing & Looking into the Camera

I've been eyeing an online photography course for a LONG time now, and I just bit the bullet & am finally taking it! It's so exciting! The course is specifically on Children's Photography & the instructor is an author of a book I have that I like, so I'm really stoked about the class. We have an assignment each week. This week's assignment was to take a picture of a child laughing & looking directly into the camera. Here were my two favorite submissions, along with one of the "before" pictures of her not looking into the camera...


Instructors Comments: " POW!!! all three of these are so good, it was hard to choose one for photo of the week! ultimately, I chose this one because it has a great immediacy about it and she's upsidedown, which is always funny! you have a FABULOUS connection with your sub in all of these --when i'm looking at these shots I feel like she is looking RIGHT STRAIGHT INTO MY EYES!!! I love the compositions on the first and third shots --you have a real eye for the informal balanace and really GUTSY tight crops --KUDOS!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool Laura about your online course! And your comments from the instructor are awesome! Of course you have such a beautiful subject to work with! I check your update regularily and love looking at your pictures. You sure have a talent!

~Donna(duck) from Dec 2000 moms...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics of the most beautiful Miss Mallory as always! And you must have been so pleased with the instructors comments. Wow!!!