Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

I am so blessed by the relationship I have with my mother.  My mother is truly a jewel and a perfect example of what a Christian mother should be.  She is a kind, giving, selfless, reverent, faithful, godly woman.  She raised us to have strong values rooted in Biblical principles.  She has the most gentle spirit and I look up to her so much.  I know I can call her any time day or night and she will have a listening ear - whether it be for my venting over a recent catastrophe with one of my children, or something as simple as a cooking question. My mom is one of the reasons I have such a passion for photography.  She always had a camera with her and did such an awesome job of documenting my and my brother's childhood through photos - and not just the major holidays or milestones - the little fun moments of life that might have been otherwise forgotten.  My mom and I have always been the best of friends.  Planning my wedding was a blast - but so was planning a scrapbook page or a birthday party.  We compliment each other & I thank her for helping mold me into the woman I have become.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

I took Mom & Me portraits this weekend in the studio & asked Lana to come up and take some of me with my girls.  This is one of my favorite LE sessions, because I just really understand the importance of taking regular pictures WITH your children, and not just OF your children.  I hope my girls will treasure these forever!

I hope all you mom's out there have a wonderful Mother's Day!  


2 comments:

Amanda Parsons said...

Your mom is an amazing woman! I am blessed by her example, too. :) Love you, Mrs. Jean!

And, those other four girlies in the second picture are blessings to me, too! I love you, Odom girls: Laura, Mallory, Lila and Clara. Happy Mother's Day.

Manda

Jessica said...

I love both of those pictures. I can remember you taking pictures of you with each of your girls before your surgery awhile back, and getting a lump in my throat. Ever since then I always make sure to get some occasional pictures of me alone with each kid, and also to do some scrapbook layouts where I specifically talk to each of them, just in case.

I'm glad that you're healthy (at least as far as I know!) and enjoying those beautiful girls of yours!