Monday, April 26, 2010

90 Day Challenge

Two weeks ago this Wednesday, I took the challenge to read the Bible in 90 days.  My best friend is doing this with a class at her church, and told me about it.  We actually started on Day 1 together, so it makes it that much better - it helps to be accountable!  We are using the schedule laid out here:  http://www.haventoday.org/bookmark.pdf.

So, Daily Bible reading has long been something I've struggled with. It always seems like it's been hard to fit in to my crazy life with a full time job and three young children.  But, it's been something I've been doing a lot of thinking about lately.  My goal in life is to be a successful mother in the sense that my children will grow up to be loving, respectful, God-fearing Christians.  How do I do that without providing them with the correct example?  So, this challenge came at the perfect time.  I'm now on day 12 and it's going well.  I haven't felt overwhelmed, the reading hasn't been hard (with the exception of one late night reading of Leviticus), and it's exciting to see my progress and know that I will be able to accomplish something so huge in such a short amount of time.  I have given up a little bit of computer and tv time, but honestly, I haven't missed it.

So, my encouragement to you is to MAKE time to be a good example to your children and in the meantime, feed yourself.  It doesn't mean you have to do the 90-day challenge, although it would be great!  But set time aside frequently for study and prayer.  It's amazing how much it will affect your overall attitude and keep you on your toes.

No comments: