Monday, July 21, 2008

Another trip to Froberg's brings out the Betty Crocker in me...

So we took another trip to Froberg's today to buy fresh fruits & veggies. We brought along more peeps today - my mom & April joined us. All was well, with the exception of being fussed at for swinging on the swings that were apparently not for public use. Oops!


On the way home we're in the car jamming to the sounds of a capella grooves when I hear a "glub, glub, glub" and a trinkling of water - similar to water coming out of a faucet yet there is no faucet in our van... Long story short, Clara just decided to POUR out her entire bottle of water in the floor. Fortunately for me, my van was messy enough that the water was soaked up by an extra t-shirt laying beneath her seat. Unfortunately for me, I didn't pay attention as I was getting out of the car having pulled over soon thereafter, and when I got back in the car and in my seat after spanking my child I noticed there was fresh chewing gum all over the bottom of my shoe and now the floorboard. Lovely.


When we got home, I made some fresh salsa and life was better again. I love fresh salsa. I even gave some away in these cute little jars. I love the way using ball jars makes me feel all betty-crockery!
After dinner, my younger two children who hadn't taken naps all day went to bed early. They were asleep by 7. Ah, the joys of the little things in life. I think I'll go have some more chips & salsa. It's made with vegetables, so it should be good for me, right?


1 comment:

Amanda Parsons said...

After reading the "glub glub" report..........the song "Living Water" comes to mind......