Saturday, July 12, 2008

The week in review...

It's been about a week since my last post, so I figured I'd just do a quick update & share a couple of pictures.

First and foremost, we're working on big changes at the Odom house! I'm tired of all the excess and clutter that constantly help make our house a mess. For the past couple of weeks I've been slowly working through the house one room at a time doing a good spring cleaning and decluttering. The playroom was my biggest accomplishment as it was in the worst shape. It's amazing how much better the kids play in there now that it's actually clean and organized enough for them to know what they have!

Some random pics of my task... this was our yard the night before trash day... we also gave away or donated over 10 bags of toys and clothes.

The playroom...


The FLOOR in the playroom. (Believe it or not, this is HUGE):


Another thing we did this week was to go to Froberg's Farm in Alvin. It wasn't a farm, farm - like with cows, horses & pigs like Clara thought it should be - more of a large Farmer's Market. But the produce was super-fresh & the prices were awesome. (Not to mention the melt-in-your-mouth fried pies!!) We'll definitely be going back. They had this beautiful tree with a low branch at the entrance & I (ever the photographer) thought it looked like a good photo op. While we were there I learned that Amanda had never made fried squash, so like any good southern girl I made it my mission to teach her. We came home and fried up a batch using the squash and fresh-ground cornmeal we had just purchased. Yum!


So those were the highlights. Other things did happen this week... (like my laptop got stepped on by a cute almost-three-year-old and is now slowly becoming a POW. We looked for a replacement today but haven't decided on anything yet. In the meantime, I just minimize my windows so it doesn't matter that the upper right-hand 1/4th of the screen is completely white with cracks & lines shooting across the remainder of the screen.)... but nothing quite so exciting as the aforementioned events. Next step is our bedroom. Look out world!

1 comment:

Samantha C. said...

After your done with yours you wana do mine next? Hey atleast at my house the kids are all the same age :)!! Doesn't that help :)
Where do you donate stuff to around here? I have some to donat!!
I will call you tomorrow.

Sam